Thursday, April 23, 2009

Dentist




Ryker has what we lovingly call "shark teeth" He now has lost 2 teeth but his permanent teeth grow in behind his baby teeth. The first one I was able to wiggle enough and get it pulled out but the second one has been grown in since November and we just couldn't get it loose enough to get out, so yesterday we took him to the dentist to get it pulled. The pictures don't really do it justice but the root on that sucker is more than double the length of the actual tooth! The dentist said that there was no way that thing was coming out and if I had tried to hard to get it the root would have broken off and we would have a whole set of other problems. It was Rykers first time getting numbed with the needle but I have to say, He did GREAT! Not even a whimper, the dentist was very impressed and told him he was the bravest kid! Anyway he is doing great and we didn't get any pics at the dentists office but took some this morning.

2 comments:

Leslie said...

Holy freaking cow! That is the longest root I have ever seen!!! Amazing! Way to go Ryker for the bravery! The dentist still makes me cry! lol

Schad fam said...

me too! I dont really remember being traumatized at the dentist ever but they have always freaked me out. I think its the smell of their office, not sure but the dentists we have now are awesome and they did a great job with him, my kids shouldnt be traumatized when they are older ( i hope)